Google
Search WWW Search msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 23, 2012

GAL photo not removing after removing thumbnail attribute

After importing a GAL picture using the command below:

Import-RecipientDataProperty -Identity "James Chong" -Picture -FileData ([Byte[]]$(Get-Content -Path "C:\pictures\jchong.jpg" -Encoding Byte -ReadCount 0))


The picture sucessfully shows in the GAL, after removing the picture GAL using cmd below or removing the thumbnail attribute using adsiedit the picture does not show in the GAL.

Set-Mailbox "James Chong" -RemovePicture

However I noticed that my picture was still showing in the social connector page in Outlook. After spending sometime trying to identify where AD was picking this up the picture I gave up. Then some days later, I was tinkering with my iphone and noticed my picture in the email so I clicked on it and there was an option to delete. After deleting the photo from my iphone the picture no longer shows in the outlook social connector. It seems that the iphone must have downloaed the pic when it was imported and started using the picture.


James Chong
MCITP EA EMA; MCSE M+, S+
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

xml:lang="en" lang="en"> MS Exchange Tips: GAL photo not removing after removing thumbnail attribute